Thursday, October 23, 2008

10 Things During 13.1

The top 10 things I learned/observed after running 13.1 miles:

10. The Baystate Marathon was in Lowell, MA and I swear there were a few bums actually running in the race...not kidding...it was a cold day so probably only way they could stay warm.


9. I saw more Camel Toes than a Sahara Desert Safari.


8. I saw full grown men dressed in unitards.


7. At mile eleven when your exhausted and vision starts to get blurly you at least sometimes have this view in front of you to keep you running...


6. Bloody nipples start to kick in after 8 miles.


5. You will never see more people using a restroom than before a race since everyone is over-hydrated.


4. I really don't even know how to stretch before a race but saw more interesting stretches than even Vera De Milo could do.


3. Some of the 50-60 year old runners handled the 30 degree weather better and more manly than I did.


2. I've never run this far in my life without someone chasing me.


1. Lastly, do not get caught down wind running for 2 hours behind someone that obviously ate too much fiber before the race.


2 comments:

Mike Robinson said...

So in other words, you didn't jog 1/2 mile, go into a Fish N'Chicken, take a dump and then throw up, and then finish dead last in a 5k. Is that what you're saying? If so, you have truly evolved.

Dool said...

Yes, I knew I was in the clear after I had ran a 1/2 mile and hadn't puked or shit my pants. Also didn't have Joe B. sitting at the 2.5 mile mark telling me to keep going while my left leg was completely cramped up and could not even bend.