Thursday, May 22, 2008

Indiana Jones: Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull



I ended up being one of those geeks that went to the new Indiana Jones movie at 12:15am last night. I was going into it expecting to be disappointed and knowing that this would probably be my least favorite out of all of the movies. Even with those expectations I still never dreamed of how I would really feel...it was awful.

For those that might still want to see this movie I won't give anything away. Some of the things that were fine were:

- Harrison Ford's age: Obviously everyone kept talking about how old he is and would look and act. Obviously he does look older in the movie but he was still able to pull it off. He played an older Indiana and it seemed to fit OK. Seeing him in recent interviews talking and moving around you would think that he should have a walker but in the movie he was a bit better than I expected.

- Indiana Jones' Outfit: Always cool. Also one of the main reasons that I stopped wearing jeans to school and started wearing pants like him after seeing Raiders of The Lost Ark. To this day I'm still trying to find a hat that fits like his...still looking.

- John Williams' Score: How can you not like the music...brings back memories...

I'll give you my thoughts on what the different title choices for the movie should have been which will give you hints into why I felt the movie was so bad.

Indiana Jones:
  • "Kingdom Of The Gofers From Caddyshack"
  • "How To Swing With Monkeys"
  • "Raiders Of The Lost E.T."
  • "Temple Of The Crazy Men Leaping Out Of Cave Walls"
  • "How To Survive A Nuclear Explosion"

1 comment:

MattV said...

There are only a few people in this world that could get me to reply to a blog. You happen to be one of them. You've broken my Blog virginity. Ouch!. Anyway Thanks for inof on IJ you have confirmed my concerns and reservations about seeing this movie. I can now peacefully await the DVD. Most importantly how the hell are you able to stay up past 12A to see a movie?? I want your drugs.
MattV