Saturday, May 31, 2008

Forget a Tom Tom...you just need a Bill Bill

You don't need a GPS if you have Bill Amarosa with you. Bill is one of my friends who recently set the world record for riding the entire NYC Subway system on a single fare. He made the Guinness Book of World Records with a time of 24 hours, 54 minutes, 3 seconds.

I kid you not, if you are ever lost in NYC and need to get somewhere Bill can tell you the best route off the top of his head. I actually had to test his knowledge once when my wife called me lost in NYC.

I called Bill and had to ask how to get from where she was to the Bergen stop in Brooklyn. In two seconds he was able to give me the stops and trains that she needed to take. If you want to learn more about his World Record challenge click here.

For those that don't want to read more about Bill then feel free to enjoy the below video of a Midget Michael Jackson impersonator dancing at a Subway stop in NYC. Next time you're embarrassed to get up and dance at a wedding think of the balls this guy has to dance in front of everyone.

You can also click here to link to The Furthest Point blog to find out some of the challeges that Bill might have had to face along the way to setting his record.



5 comments:

Flipp said...

Bill Bill is the man! I also had to use Bill's knowledge as I was stuck on which way to go. Bill and I were actually talking about a "Ask Bill" call center where people pay $2 a minute for a direct line to him for instructions. It may not work now that he recently took a job to work for The Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA).. it's where he belongs - a place he loves to work at! Congratulations again Bill! next record I want to see is how many times we can toss mini-jako from one side of the subway platform to the other.

Dool said...

Classic Flipp...Classic.

so'c said...

Did Bill have anything to do with this?
http://thefurthestpoint.blogspot.com/2008/05/come-visit-new-york.html

so'c said...

um, try this one:

http://thefurthestpoint.blogspot.com/
2008/05/come-visit-new-york.html

Dool said...

I gave you a link Sean. Nice picture.