Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day

Since this week was Memorial Day I figured I'd talk about a Patriotic new way in which I feel we should honor our National Anthem.

It is very disappointing these days when watching people at a sporting event during the singing of the National Anthem. Only a handful of mainly older people stand up, take off their hats, and place their right hand over their heart. This is how it should be done to honor what our country and the National Anthem stands for.

For the majority of people they may or may not stand, some don't even take off their hats, and most even if standing and taking off their hats don't put their right hand over their heart.

Since I don't want to sound like a bitter old man and I do understand times have changed I figured I'd come up with a compromise to start to get more people honoring our National Anthem. The next time you hear the National Anthem I suggest you show your respect as represented below...


I guarantee that this will at least get more men to stand up and honor our National Anthem.

On a more serious note I do love the country that I live in, I appreciate all those currently fighting for our freedom, and I appreciate all those that have given their lives to defending our country.

Three of my grandparents served in WWII and my father served in Vietnam. Lets take time this week to remember those that are no longer here that served or may have even lost their lives while serving.

Don't worry...this will be about as serious as I will get in my blog. I still prefer writing about topics like Triple Nipples.

No comments: