Monday, June 30, 2008

The Man Hug

After a weekend away with the boys for a golf tournament I started to think back to all the man hugs that took place.
  • Greeting everyone I hadn't seen in awhile

  • After a great shot

  • Random drunk hugs since someone was really happy

  • During a game of flip cups

  • Saying goodbye
The Man Hug is now a very common practice among men these days. I find myself giving more man hugs to guys that I haven't seen in a long time vs. just shaking their hand.


When did this become the norm?

I just can't seem to picture my grandfather who was a hockey player (back in the days before helmets), fought in WWII, and had Popeye forearms ever giving his friends a man hug.

Some man hugs are acceptable...


Some man hugs are never acceptable...










For now I will go along with the new age and continue to give man hugs when needed. I'll just make sure to try an avoid looking like this when I'm giving one...




No comments: